Friday, May 11, 2012

Baked Ziti ...By popular Demand!

I am always being asked for my recipe for Baked Ziti.  Well here it is Ladies!  I have to give credit to my sweet friend Toni Costintino, who was an awesome makeup artist for Lancome.  She was my go to for all things Italian.  What a great friend she was to me, I remember her well!

1 box penne pasta
2 cups mozzarella
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup Romano Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 jar Classico basil and garlic spaghetti sauce
1 red bell pepper 
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 16oz. Can Del Monte diced tamatoes
1 package Hillshire Farms sausage kielbasa 


pre heat oven to 400
Boil patsta
Combine 1 cup mozz. And 1 cup Monterey jack,1/4 cup Romano, 1/4 cup Parmesan, oregano, salt,and basil...set aside.
Drain can of tamatoes, combine with spaghetti sauce, diced bell pepper, and cooked pasta. Combine cheese from above.
In a frying pan, brown your sliced sausage. Combine with above.
Place in a oven safe casserole dish
Top with remaining cup of mozzarella.
Cover with aluminum foil and back for 30 minutes
Remove foil and continue to bake for 10 more minutes





1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Thank you for this! I loved this when you made it at Reagan's party. So good!