Tuesday, May 1, 2012

GO GREEN!

So last year we went to the MSU spring game.  We want to make sure we do it with our girls every year, since it is the one game we can afford everyone to go to.  (eh hem, it's free.)  This year was bitterly cold, not to mention they cracked down on the no stroller policy, and no outside food.  The girls had a blast!  We even got to sit with our friends the Nielsons. Which, by the way we are trying to soak up as much of this family as we possibly can.  Ryan(the dad) will be graduating with his MBA this friday, and he has a fabulous job lined up with PandG.  (So I guess he's taking his whole family with him, rude.)  We adore Thomas and Carter.  Thomas will forever have a soft spot in my heart, because he was Reagan's first crush!  (his mommy, Amy tells me that the feeling was mutual.)
Well on our way to the stadium, Lily got very tired of walking.  So I told her I could hold her for just a little while since I was also pushing Alyce in the single stroller.  Well, we were going along fine for quite a while until Lily decided she wanted to hop out of my arms. Causing me to fall in such a way(trying to protect her and Alyce from getting hurt, of course) that my face slammed into the concrete.  There was no blood and no bruising, but a lot of pain.  After talking to several of our med school friends and one actual Doctor, they all convinced me that I ought to at least go in for an x-ray...to be continued.







While at the game, Reagan saw her Pediatrician Dr. Greenburg.  She wanted so bad to say hi to him, but could hardly muster up the courage to do so.  She was literally so close to him she could sneeze on him!  Finally he turned around and said hi to her, which made her day.  John even said that she could have a frozen lemonade because of her bravery...we're trying to bribe confidence out of these children of ours.  Lily ate her usual hot dog and bread.(she calls it that because that's exactly how she eats it, first the hot dog, then the bun.)   Alyce accidentally ate one of John's Jalepenos from his nachos, to which she also had her first sip of Mountain Dew.. Have I mentioned how much I love East Lansing?

2 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Your girls always take the cutest dang pictures! I love the family shot at the end. So so wish we could have gone with you guys. Next year? Kidding, that's just mean. But more importantly, how is your poor skull?

The Nielson's said...

I am so glad that we got to go with you guys to the game! Hey, I had no idea about you getting hurt before the game. I hope you are feeling better!